Thursday 23 February 2012

Picture it in Your Own Words - Down 2

In case you missed my recent post, joy of joys - my blog problems are resolved.

You can now Subscribe to this blog, should you so desire, and you WILL finally receive email notification of new content.

If you are one of my valued and loyal Followers, please note that you also need to Subscribe in order to receive notifications of new posts.

Just click on Subscribe at the top right hand side of the page and fill in your email details.


Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

________________________________________________________


The prompt for The Weekly Photo Challenge is Down  




First, a DESPERATE note to fellow challengers! I have left - tried to leave - comments on many of your photos! Wordpress doesn't like Blogspot comments and - I think - spams them! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look in your spam bin and see if there is a comment from Writing from the Edge. If you 'reinstate' it in  your comments, generally that means I will be allowed to comment in future. Yipee! 
(You cannot believe how frustrating this is....)


Now - enough of blog problems. 

Here's what came to mind when I thought of Down


If you have ever held a new chick, you'll know it's just a ball of down on legs. These chicks' mother, Henrietta, has her own ball of down as a hat - we call it her pom-pom


The recent storm brought an old tree down in the woods. It lies like a toppled giant, motionless amidst its own broken ruins



The river flows down to the sea. I think of the river as a fixture, but in fact it is new every day. Yesterday's water is long gone. I'm sure there is something I could learn from that.




This is my second entry, as I posted my husband's photo on my first - see here.
(Probably against all the rules. Sorry)









8 comments:

  1. Love the downy feathers idea and the shot of the river :-)

    (Posting someone else's image has been done in the past and seems to be accepted as long as the post indicates who the photographer was, so I wouldn't worry about it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little downy friends! sooooooooo cute! Great pics all around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chicks are delightful! I just found a comment from you in my spam box. The Askimet spam filter is a robot and robots makes mistakes too :o) Thanks for comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no rules, just some excellent pictures. great post ..;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picture 1: Awwww!

    Picture 2: Yikes

    Picture 3: Lovely!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Someday you can tell me how a Blogspotter is doing WordPress photo challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a lot of drama in the first photo that's really noticeable. And, it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha... Very clever! HENrietta. I love the family photo of Henrietta and the chicks.

    Thank you for taking the trouble of leaving a comment on my post, I have rescued it from the spam bin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My vote sis for the chicks. I shall check my spam. Lots of odd things have happened with WP recently. I think they are having one of their periodic security surges.

    ReplyDelete

Ah, go on! Make my day - leave a comment!